We are looking for a Port Moresby based Procurement Lead to join our team. This role reports to the Group Manager – Logistics and is responsible for sourcing and procuring goods and services for our company. You will work closely with our team of buyers and suppliers to ensure that we are getting the best possible prices for the goods and services we need whilst ensuring that all the procurement processes are within industry standard and best practice at all times. If you are a motivated and detail-oriented individual with a passion for procurement, we want to hear from you!
This job offers a competitive remuneration and benefits for the ideal candidate.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Review procurement documents and prepare orders
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers
- Develop and monitor cost-reduction strategies
- Develop and monitor inventory control procedures
- Encourage continuous improvement in competitive bidding practices
- Track and schedule all materials, equipment, and personnel purchase orders
- Track inventory levels and manage purchasing activities
- Develop and maintain inventory control procedures
- Manage claims and losses
Key requirements, qualifications and skills needed for the role are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement, contract management, or supply chain
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, and demonstrated ability to synthesize information from many sources.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and databases
The Remington Group is Papua New Guinea’s leading business solutions, print technology, and service-led organization. Since 1948, we have developed an expansive portfolio of businesses. Our national footprint stretches out of Port Moresby into Lae, Madang, Kokopo, Wewak, Goroka and Mt Hagen, unlike any of our competitors. We continue to offer ‘best in class’ service in PNG, supported by our specialized and highly trained technical, logistics and administration teams.
How to Apply
Please provide to us a resume, referees from your former employers, a valid police clearance certificate and a cover letter addressing the above key criteria and your motivation to pursue an opportunity that may lead to a rewarding career. Applications can be addressed to:
The Recruitment Officer
PO Box 101
National Capital District
We encourage emailed applications to be sent to email@example.com with the position you are applying for and your official name as the subject. E.g., Procurement Lead Application – June Dirky
Application deadline is on 29th December, 2023. Due to the overwhelming number of applications, we receive daily, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The Remington Group has a non-ageist policy and we are an equal opportunity employer.